Here at Cambridge Kitchens we’re often being asked; “is there an indestructible kitchen worktop?”. The truth is, nothing is indestructible, but our Dekton worktop is about as close as you can get! As you’ll see in the video below, we’ve installed the worktop in our Kitchen Experience Centre in St Neots:
Dekton worktops are a hybrid of the best materials on the market. It combines quartz, porcelain, and glass to make one extremely hard wearing material. This worktop is incredible, here are key features which make it stand out from the rest:
- High Ultra Violet (UV) resistant – it is highly resistant to the UV rays from the sun, meaning that it won’t fade or degrade over time.
- Highly scratch resistant – the most scratch resistant worktop on the market, this worktop will stay looking perfect with any slip of the knife. However, we do still recommend using chopping boards for safety.
- Stain proof – the Dekton worktops are completely stain proof. This worktop is perfect for those that have the occasional spillage of food or drink. Even common household chemicals like bleach, drain cleaners or oven degreasers won’t harm this worktop.
- High heat resistance – when you pick up a pan straight from the oven you need to put it somewhere fairly quick. Most worktops require a trivet, but with Dekton you can just put it straight onto the worktop.
- Higher mechanical resistance – this basically means that it’s strong, very strong! 5 times the strength of granite, Dekton can be installed with an unsupported worktop overhang of 12 inches, perfect for that breakfast bar you’ve always wanted.
- Non-Porous – unlike worktops such as wood, Dekton never needs to be sealed. No liquids will penetrate the surface, meaning your worktop stays perfect no matter how long the liquid sits on it. This makes Dekton very low maintenance, perfect for those with a busy lifestyle.
- Colour stability – when you have multiple Dekton worktops lined up next to each other they will have consistent colour. This is because Dekton is not a natural material and the manufacturer can control the colour very precisely, giving you the perfect finish.
- Less cuts and joins – with Dekton being such a strong material it means that the worktop length can be much bigger, so there are less cuts in your worktop. This gives you a large seamless worktop area without visible joins.
Dekton is available in three thicknesses: 8mm, 12mm and 20mm. The thickness you choose will depend on your design and requirements. There are 30 colours to choose from, so you can find the one that will complement your kitchen design perfectly. Plus, you can choose from a range of edge finishes, from the square to the chamfered edge there is plenty to choose from.
Dekton is a long-term worktop for those that want a unique kitchen. Not only is it one of the toughest worktop material we’ve ever worked with, but also a very versatile surface, able to fit into almost any kitchen design. It’s perfect for those that have a very busy lifestyle and want a kitchen worktop that will be resistant to the daily grind and still look great.
You can see the worktop at our KITCHEN EXPERIENCE CENTRE in St Neots (Cambridgeshire), call us to arrange an appointment or to speak to an expert.